Surface Preperation - Concrete
The Rubberising surface you are working with may have to be treated differently depending on its current state.
For optimal results on a Rubberising surface in a Bakkie liners, trailers, caravans, farm implements, etc. state, please follow the instructions below for preparation and application. Links to the products utilised in this guide are listed below.
- Remove all fittings, roll bars etc.
- Wash down with G.P. Cleaner to remove all fat and oil deposits
- Rinse with clean water
- Roughen entire surface to be rubberised for better adhesion
- Remove all loose and flaking rust and paint. Do not use a rust remover
- Mask areas not to be rubberised
- Apply 1 coat Bind
- If rusted areas are present, saturate areas with Metal Treat
- Bind and Metal Treat can also be combined
- Apply rubber Guard by spray or brush
- Allow for 2 coats on sides and minimum of 5 coats on floor depending on the on the resistance required
- Apply a final coat of colour over the rubber Guard for a smoother finish.
- Remove masking tape immediately
- Allow to touch dry between coats
- Rubberising takes approximately 8 days to fully cure
- Products used